The Waiting Game.
All that pain of having people traipse in and out
of my house for almost two years is just slightly more painful than the waiting
game. Paperwork, lawyers and no guarantee makes life mildly less painful. The
slow pack is much more inconvenient than the pack the whole house in three
days. Too much time to sort, to group,
to catalog, to unclutter – when will it end?
Here is a few websites to help you through the pain.
My preferred packing method is up and out in less
than a week. Of course the charity shops
love it when I slow pack because I always squeeze in a bit more decluttering
(than when I fast pack) along the way (although I could do a lot more – I have
a lot of stuff).
But this is not a straight move. This is a move into temporary (very small)
accommodations while continuing to work and look for a new house a few hundred
miles north. It means there will be a lot of tiring weekends to look forward
too.
Even more wearing on the nerves, is trying to keep
out that which is, may or might be needed during our gypsy days (ahem I mean
months) between homes. It would be so much easier to just move from one
house to another but as it is it is not going to happen. So, on we tread into a
future that is as full of opportunities as I can stuff it.
And I will
survive this too.
No comments:
Post a Comment