Monday, 7 March 2016

The Next Waiting Game

The rollercoaster will soon be coming to an end we hope.  December 15 2015

The final day - AKA the Exchange - was a nightmare (something for which I am not surprised) I thought it would never end. Friday at 6pm we moved from our old home and into a twenty-one foot caravan. The awning was so packed with stuff that needed to go into storage that there was barely enough room to get to the caravan door let alone open it but we made our first night.

The excitement of this new adventure over the months wore off. That first weekend was used to try to pack the rest of the stuff into storage and it fit. we finally had room to move around the awning. I used to complain about my 7 x 9 foot kitchen but after living with a 2x2 foot caravan kitchen I will never complain again about a small kitchen.  I have lived through a micro kitchen to tell this tale.

We finally quit our jobs went on a short anniversary trip to Berlin then we left for the north to find a house. We found one and are now in the midst of experiencing the reverse nightmare of buying rather than selling.

Now the lawyers that were a nightmare in the selling experience I thought was just a one off. The whole sale of our house took 11 weeks from offer to exchange. I really do struggle to understand how a professional body of learned people who are paid to conduct the legal end of a house sale can with a straight face proudly admit they have graduated law school.

Especially with comments like
Us: how is it going?
Them: We are waiting for your signed paperwork
Us: we delivered it two weeks ago.
Them. Oh yes it is here.

Three weeks later -
Us: How is it going?
Them: We are waiting for the paperwork signed by your co-habitator saying she is moving out. and this and this and this.
Us: You have it and you have it and you have it.
Five to six weeks waiting for paperwork they already had - This is a joke - must be!

OMFG You have graduated from law school and you can't even read the paperwork sent before asking insanely ignorant questions and can still proudly take money for which most of the work required is done by the seller and the buyer - not you.

Why is this type of service tolerated by everyone buying or selling (our buying experience seems to be following a similar pattern but final comments will have to wait.

Why do we not ask to see these silly law degrees and when evidence is given ask well how did you get that when you can't read, write, communicate in general or conduct yourself and your business in a professional manner.

I do not have a higher degree from college but I would be absolutely embarrassed to admit I graduated from college and preform the way conveyancing solicitors preform their duties. Cleaning toilets has more pride than the above mentioned career choice seems too.

As my English husband would say - I'll just go to the bottom of the stairs. I can only shake my head and live with it. No choice. The Solicitors/Lawyers write the rules and there is nothing one dumbfounded (by the idioticness of it all) can do about it. We are handcuffed, it is a losing battle when it comes to change and well their is no pride in the world of Conveyancing.

Anyway I am sure we will survive - minus a few years off our lives for added stress for which we will receive no compensation. This haunting time has tainted our holidays with the worry of it all and the anticipation of it being over. this anticipation for it to be over means that I must get through the holidays faster to get it over quicker and we are supposed to enjoy the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment