Wednesday, 6 March 2013

An Introduction ~An Old Kind of Troll

Just a test before I start - the Title is from an old favorite Billy Goat Gruff.  I have over the last few years decided that being a troll - the old fashioned one like in the childrens' books, not the ones who chase people on the internet. I liked the idea of living UNDER a Bridge - alone with my opinionated, frustrated, grumpy old self.

For anyone one who uses the word troll as a label for those nasty individuals who harrass others, stop it. What you are mistakenly labeling those individuals as, is not a troll, those people are STALKERS.  Trolls do not want anything to do with people they are anti-social and enjoy their privacy. They originate from individuals who were wanderers. They may want to feast on you but they are not going to go around making it a publically known fact. I doubt a troll thinks that far ahead. It is probably more like ... you happen upon them, they eat you, job well done.
 
As taken from the Oxford online dictionary
Definition of troll
noun
        a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance. 
 
Origin:   from Old Norse and Swedish troll, Danish trold; adopted into English from Scandinavian in the mid 19th century
 
So if you are reading this please do those concerned in this interaction (my musings and your interpretations) a favor and take my idea of a TROLL from the definition above.  Feel free to throw in additional adjectives like old, cranky, opinionated, smells bad(this one will have to be assumed on your part because the chances of getting close enough to smell me are slim), these and more are acceptable.  Being anti-social gives a troll lots of time alone to think.


This is a platform for my thoughts, rants, raves, dreams, critiques and comments, most of them will be transcribed from the little voices in my head. Love those little voices. They are great conversationalist and quite narky sometimes. I have one little voice that sooths those moments when I need a confidence boost. Another for when my logic has abandoned me and one who likes to go kick butt which often gets smacked for over-reacting (when I think the best solution to my dilemma is to do a bitchslap on someone) and not the last or the least is the little voice that says go ahead and cry - it's ok.

Believing me or what I say is not a prerequisite in life, my only desire is to invoke thought - the who, what, when, where and how those thoughts work in your head, is up to you.

I am not a radical in any shape or form but some of what I think is radically different sometimes. All my musings relate to me and my ways of thinking, not you, sorry I don't know you (most likely).  If I hurt your feelings, stop and ask why what I said bothered you. Don't shoot the messenger (storyteller) or even the message (story), because if it made you think a little deeper. We need that deep thinking and we need those deep thoughts.

I am nothing more than an (old) individual who is occasionally fed up with a world with such bad manners.  Screw etiquette, I am talking common sense bad manners for which hypocrisy and ignorance are the greatest supporters.  We are all intelligent at different things and at different levels. Lets use those smarts to think ourselves, our community and our societies better.


... Ahem well that was a short test ... lets start working on that transcribing, my voices are rumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment